Friday, December 3, 2010

Caramel Cappuccino and Caramel Mocha Cappuccino



I have a group of friends that are my testers.  Sometimes my guinea pigs make requests for new cupcakes.  This is how my Caramel Cappuccino and Caramel Mocha Cappuccino cupcakes came about.  They wanted a chocolate cake, filled with caramel and topped with a cappuccino icing.  I experimented a bit with the icing and came up with something really delicious.  I made the cupcakes as requested but it just seemed off.  My friends determined that it was the caramel.  I agreed, it made the cupcake too wet.  The second batch, without the caramel, was perfect.  I got to thinking, "This cappuccino icing on a chocolate cupcake tastes great.  I bet it would taste really good on White Wedding Cake."  So off I went to run a new experiment.  I gotta say, that flavor combination was pretty dang good.  I've also put the cappuccino icing on a vanilla cupcakes.  Although very tasty, I prefer it on the White Wedding Cake.  I love coffee so I really love making Caramel Cappuccino and Caramel Mocha Cappuccino cupcakes.  I usually top these with a dusting of cocoa powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment