Saturday, July 9, 2011

German Chocolate Cupcake -- Round 1

I get requests for German chocolate cupcakes a lot.  Today was the day to test them out.  I looked at a lot of recipes online to get an idea of what I wanted to do.  In the end, I used my chocolate recipe as my guide and went from there.  They came out tasting very good but the structure was off.  Once that's fixed, they'll be perfect.  For the coconut/pecan topping, I used a recipe I found online and tweaked it just a bit.

I love German chocolate cake.  It's also my big brother's favorite cake.  I remember my mom making German chocolate cake for his birthdays when we were kids.  He now lives on the other side of world in Iraq and I rarely see him anymore.  So, I especially love this cupcake because it reminds me of him.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I missed out on the tasting of the German chocolate, they look great though.

    ReplyDelete