Thursday, September 1, 2011

Apple-Banana PUPcakes!

Each weekday morning, I get up a little early so I can peacefully enjoy my coffee with my two little girls, Kiwi and Squash.  Kiwi is a Chihuahua and Squash is a Pug.  They're old girls so they pretty much just snuggle next to me -- a perfect way to wake up!  This morning, I was thinking how much I loved them and I should bake them up some special treats.  I immediately started thinking about bone-shaped cookies and then it occurred to me... why not cupcakes?!  I started with some of their favorite people snacks, apples and bananas.  As soon as I brought those out, Squash just knew I was making something for her.  I decided against icing these cupcakes because I didn't want them having dairy or sugar.  I did insert half a Milkbone into the cupcakes before baking to make them a little extra special.  The paper sticks to them as you are peeling them but that's because I didn't add any oil or butter.  Kiwi and Squash devoured these treats so I'd say they came out pretty good.  In case you were wondering... yes, I did try one (minus the Milkbone, of course!).

No comments:

Post a Comment